Friday, July 20, 2007

Card Of The Day


For as long as I can remember I have loved to draw and loved to send cards. But believe it or not it never occurred to me to put the two together. I used computer card programs or I purchased cards. I was always looking for something different. Then one day a friend asked me to design a card for her baby shower and I told her I wasn't sure I had any cute baby graphics. She said "draw something". Luckily she asked me well in advance. I drew the design with pastels and I was new to digital drawing but I did part of the coloring with a digital program. The hardest part for me was the paper. I searched high and low for papers, I didn't want white. I finally found this navy card stock. I found that the company that made the paper had different colors and I thought this would be just perfect. They also had envelopes in each color but I decided to go with the tan. It occurred to me that I could start a line of note cards featuring my art and I could choose colors from the line that complimented my artwork. The cards were a hit and I started Noteworthy Crafts shortly thereafter. That was seven years ago.


Well imagine my dismay when I found out recently that the line was being discontinued. What in the world am I going to do? I have to start the process of finding papers all over again and it will not be the same line. I have been calling distributors all over the country to see what papers they still have left. Most of them think I'm crazy but it won't be the same line without the paper. I know people like my art but they like the paper as well. So if anyone knows of someone that has Fox River Confetti paper please let me know.


Have a great day everybody, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: